Each year, the HCC Alumni Association presents the Distinguished Alumni Award to one or more HCC alumni. HCC alumni are invited to place themselves or other HCC alumni in nomination for this award, recognizing that we have many alumni whose accomplishments are worthy, but we are only able to honor one or two persons each year. The decision regarding year's awardees is generally made a year in advance of the Alumni Award Dinner, which is held in June of each year. To nominate yourself or another alumnus/a, please write to Bonnie Zima Dowd, director of alumni relations, Holyoke Community College, 303 Homestead Avenue, Holyoke, MA 01040, and enclose a letter addressing the following criteria:
Holyoke Community College Criteria for Distinguished Alumni Award
- Membership in the Alumni Association, as defined in Alumni Association by-laws (this currently is defined as HCC graduates or alumni who have accrued 9 hours while students at HCC, before having withdrawn from the institution.)
- Demonstrated achievement within their field of work or expertise.
- Significant community-based service as a board member or key volunteer at community or non-profit agencies, hospitals, or schools.
- Demonstrated commitment to Holyoke Community College. This commitment may include philanthropic contributions, volunteer service, and/or service as a past employee. Current college employees may not be nominated for this award.
- The ability to attract attendees to the Distinguished Alumni Award Dinner. In general, nominees must be residents of Western Massachusetts or nearby areas, however, from time to time, the Alumni Association may choose to honor nominees who are not residents of Western Mass.