Purchasing FAQ's

How do HCC faculty or staff members use the MHEC/ State Contracts?

Holyoke Community College faculty and staff may use Comm-PASS to view current State Contracts by selecting the "Contracts" tab. The active Statewide Contracts are pre-bid and may be used by faculty and staff to purchase supplies and services for Holyoke Community College in any amount.

How does a vendor participate in MHEC/State Solicitations?

Open bids are posted on the bulletin board across the hall from Frost 335.
Vendors may contact the Administration & Finance Staff Assistant. to inquire about open bids. In addition, vendors who subscribe to Comm-PASS, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts' Procurement System, receive email notification of any solicitation that HCC posts on Comm-PASS.

What are the maximum amounts a department may spend without conducting a bid?

Unless a State or MHEC contract is used, $1,999.99 is the maximum amount that may be spent. If the amount to be spent is more than $2,000.00 but less than $5,000.00, three quotes are required unless a State or MHEC contract is used. If $5,000.00 or more is to be spent, a bid is required unless a State or MHEC contract is used.

How do I use the State or MHEC contracts?

Contracts posted on both the Comm-PASS and MHEC websites include detailed instructions. For more information, contact the Administration & Finance Staff Assistant.


Holyoke Community College
303 Homestead Ave. Holyoke, MA 01040
(413) 538-7000