New, Readmit & Transfer
Steps to Enroll
- Apply for Admission to HCC! Create an account, and then complete and submit your application. A decision letter or acceptance packet will be sent to you in the mail. Follow the steps sent to the email address you provided.
- Apply for Financial Aid. Create an FSA ID. Next, submit your financial aid application. HCC’s school code is 002170. If you have already completed a FAFSA, please check on your application by logging in to Online Services.
- Take the Placement Test. HCC uses the College Board Accuplacer test. Check out practice tests and study guides. To schedule your test, contact the Assessment Center at 413.552.2015 or email email@example.com. This is also where you get your Student ID.
- Register for classes. Meet with an advisor to develop your educational plan and schedule your classes. A career counselor can help you choose a major or provide career exploration. Walk into the Advising, Career & Transfer Center or call 413.552.2722 to schedule your appointment.
- Log in to Email & Online Services. HCC email is used for all school communication. Online Services gives you access to e-billing and payment plans, financial aid status, financial aid consent to electronic communication, insurance waiver, registration, advising, DegreeWorks, grades, and student records. Be sure to check it regularly!
- Pay Tuition & Fees by the deadline printed on your schedule or found here. You can pay online by logging in to Online Services. All HCC bills are electronic. You will not receive a bill in the mail.
- Order your textbooks. Order early to ensure delivery prior to the start of the semester!
- Attend New Student Orientation. New Student Orientation (NSO) provides you with information about the college that will help you make a successful transition. NSO is mandatory for all new students.
HCC aligns its Transfer Credit Policy with the Massachusetts Community College Transfer Principles.
How do I transfer my credits to HCC?
- Apply and be admitted into a degree/certificate program
- Submit your official college/university transcripts or official AP, CLEP or DSST scores (Admissions Office, Holyoke Community College, 303 Homestead Ave., Holyoke, MA 01040)
- Once received, HCC will automatically review your transcript for transfer credit applicable to your program of study
- HCC accepts grades of C- or higher in transfer for most programs
- Transfer credits awarded will be limited to the declared program of study.
- 50% of the program requirements must be completed at HCC.
For complete details on HCC’s Transfer Credit Policy, please click here.