Your Next Step to a Successful College Experience
Welcome to HCC! We are excited about the new school year, and we want you to have a great start. New Student Orientation (NSO) provides you with information about the college that will help you make a successful transition. HCC is committed to your success and believes the NSO will be a critical experience in your journey with us. As a new student, it is mandatory to attend one full session. New students taking online and/or evening classes are mandated to complete their New Online Student Orientation online in Moodle. An email will be sent out to you with the link to complete this requirement.
Note: At the Educational Planning Session the advisor will register you for your assigned Orientation session. If you have an extenuating circumstance that will prevent you from attending such session, please email email@example.com at your earliest convenience to ask for a change. Make sure to explain the reason why you won't be able to attend in your email.
- Dates and times by major are located below. Check the NSO Agenda to get a break down of the days events.
- All sessions begin in the Fine & Performing Arts Building, Leslie Phillips Theater/Forum.
- Students with disabilities or who require special accommodations should contact the Office for Students with Disabilities and Deaf Services at (413) 552-2417.
- Student ID is required for Orientation.
- Bringing your class schedule is recommended.
- Bring your driver's license and auto registration to get a parking sticker.
- Utilize the Successful Student Checklist to assure you are fully prepared for your first week!
- HCC at A Glance - is a quick reference guide about HCC's support services and programs available to you. It is always available online.
- PVTA Bus Service - More information coming soon regarding P-11 schedule during Orientation days.
Questions? Check out the FAQ's page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Student Affairs Office at (413) 552-2100.
EVENING & ONLINE ONLY STUDENTS
New Student Orientation (NSO) is mandatory for ALL new and transfer students regardless of when their classes will take place (day, evening, online). HCC wants to make sure you have the right information to be able to access the support programs and resources that will help you to be successful. After your advisor registers you for your NSO session, you will receive an email with further instructions to access your Orientation online from any computer with internet access.
DAY STUDENTS SESSIONS - Dates & Times
Thursday, August 25th (9:00 AM - 12:30 PM)
- Environmental Science
- Foundations of Health (Last names A-M)
- Health, Fitness and Nutrition
- Natural Resources
- Nutrition and Food
- Sustainability - All Options
Friday, August 26th (9:00 AM - 12:30 PM)
- Culinary Arts
- Education - All Options
- Food Service Management
Monday, August 29th (9:00 AM - 12:30 PM)
- Foundations of Health (Last names N-Z)
- Liberal Arts and Science (Last names A-M)
Tuesday, August 30th (9:00 AM - 12:30 PM)
- CMTA - All options
- Creative Writing
- Deaf Studies
- Electronic Media
- Graphic Arts
- Liberal Arts and Science (Last names N-Z)
- Visual Arts
- University Without Walls (UWW)
Thursday, September 1st (9:00 AM - 12:30 PM)
- Criminal Justice
- ESL (English as a Second Language)
- Forensic Science
- Human Services - All options
- Gender & Women's Studies
Friday, September 2nd (9:00 AM - 12:30 PM)
- Business Administration - All options
- Computer Information Systems - All options
- Sports Management