Group Visits to Campus
Unless there are unusual circumstances, groups of fewer than 15 people are best served by participating in our Welcome Wednesday information session/tours.
Larger groups (e.g., high schools) are welcome to visit HCC's campus. Groups of 10 or more should make special arrangements through Admissions Office. These arrangements can be made by submitting the online Visit Form. Feel free to contact us with any additional questions.
- Information sessions and tours are available throughout the academic year and summer on a space available basis.
- Meaningful exchange of information is impaired if walking tours are too large.
- Groups of 20 or more may be split up depending on information requested and/ tour preference.
- Scheduling preference will be given to groups whose students are in 9th grade and above. As availability permits, tours and visits will be given to groups whose students are in 8th grade and below.
- Tours may be complemented by pre-arranged special presentations: Please see our list of presenters, and please plan for no more than 2 presentations.
- Groups should make arrangements at least FOUR WEEKS in advance. Generally, only one group can be accommodated per day. Visits are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis, and many groups arrange visits months in advance.
- Welcome Wednesday information sessions and tours typically last 75 minutes. Participants should be prepared to walk outside, dressed for the weather, and able to climb several flights of stairs. Tours can be modified to accommodate participants with disabilities. We expect students on tours will be accompanied by teachers or adult group leaders (at least 1 adult per 10 students) to ensure that students maintain good order, decorum and attentiveness.
- Please assist us in making tours a positive experience by helping to adequately prepare your students for their visit. The most effective tours are those in which students show a genuine interest by being attentive to their tour guide and prepared with questions. Your help in conveying these expectations to visiting groups is appreciated.
- Tour groups interested in visiting the Bartley Center for Recreation and Athletics must indicate such interest on the online Visit Form.
- Please contact us no later than 3 days before your visit, to confirm your schedule and number of attendees.
- Cancellation Notice: If your tour needs to be cancelled, it is essential that you notify us at least 3 days in advance for rescheduling purposes. Failure to do so may limit future scheduling availability for your organization.