Administrative Professional Studies
What will you learn?
The Administrative Professional Studies program combines strong technical and computer skills and an emphasis on effective writing and communication. The student will bring to the administrative office position skills such as professionalism, teamwork, time management, decision making, problem solving, and multitasking. Students may use their Business Electives to expand their knowledge in the area of business in which they wish to apply their skills.Most courses will transfer to four year institutions.
Upon graduating from this program, students will be able to:
- Prepare a variety of business documents such as correspondence, reports, newsletters, spreadsheets, presentations and databases using Microsoft Office software
- Communicate orally and in writing
- Maintain accounting journals and ledgers
- Prepare financial data
- Manage routine office duties
what will you do?
Job and career options include:
- Administrative assistant
- Business office support staff
- Customer service
- Health Office Assistant
63-64 total credits
26 credits General Education Requirements + 12 credits ELECTIVES (see below) + 28-29 credits Program Requirements
Depending on course selection, 100% of this program can be completed online.
General Education Requirements
12 credits ELECTIVES (see below) + 28-29 CREDITS
Select courses with prefixes: ACC, BUS, CIS, COM, CUL, EMS, GRT, HCA, HIM, HTH, LAW, MEA, MGT, MKT and SPO.
- Students interested in taking technology courses are encouraged to choose CSI 111.
- Students with an interest in health office administration should choose from GRT, HIM, HTH, and MEA courses.
- Students with an interest in office technologies should choose from BUS, CIS, and EMS courses.
- Students with an interest in meeting planning should choose from BUS, CUL,HCA, MKT and SPO courses.
Administrative Electives: Select from: ACC, BUS, CIS, COM, CUL, EMS, GRT, HCA, HIM, HTH, LAW, MEA, MGT, MKT, or SPO.
Students who intend to transfer to a baccalaureate program should look at the following options: B023 Business Administration MassTransfer to state universities including UMass and Westfield State University; B034 Business Administration General Transfer to most four-year private colleges; B045 Paralegal Option for transfer to Elms College and Bay Path University; B056 Hospitality Management Transfer to state universities including UMass and to Johnson & Wales University; or B096 Sport Management transfer to state and private universities.