Business Administration (General Transfer)
What will you learn?
The Business Administration General Transfer focuses on general business and prepares students for transfer to four-year private and public institutions outside of the Massachusetts system of public higher education. Students who want to transfer to UMass Amherst or any other Massachusetts public university should choose the Business Administration - Mass Transfer option.
Upon graduating from this program, students will be able to:
- Interpret accounting data
- Analyze financial statements and solve complex accounting scenarios
- Apply the marketing concept
- Appreciate the role of law in business
- Define traditional functions of management and their contributions to strategic planning
- Calculate and quantify data to make business decisions
what will you do?
Transfer to a four-year college or university, or go right into the workforce! Job and career options include:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing or related field
- Corporate or consumer sales
- Banking services
64-66 total credits
23 credits General Education Requirements + 26 credits Program Requirements
Depending on course selection, 100% of this program can be completed online.
General Education Requirements
This course explores the basic statements of an accounting system: the Balance Sheet, the Income Statement, and the Statement of Retained Earnings. Students will examine the accounting cycle with an emphasis on the methods of accumulating and summarizing data generated by business transactions. Students will apply their manual accounting skills to an automated accounting system using a learning management system. Areas of concentration will include adjusting entries, closing process, inventory analysis, merchandising transactions, cash control procedures, and receivables. Prerequisite: Eligibility for MTH 085
Math Electives: Select from MTH 162 (D), MTH 113 (D), MTH 114 (D), or MTH 142 (D). Students will not receive credit for both MTH 162 and MTH 113.
Students planning to attend a transfer institution listed below MUST take that institution's required math courses as indicated:
- American International College: MTH 142 and MTH 162.
- Bay Path University: MTH 142 and MTH 162.
- Elms College: MTH 142 and student's choice of MTH 162, 113, or 114.
- Western New England University: MTH 142 and MTH 162.
- Northeastern University: MTH 104 & Math Elective
Managerial Accounting: Students transferring to Bay Path University should take BUS 245 instead of ACC 205.
Humanities Elective or Business Elective: Select from: ACC, BUS, HCA, LAW, MGT, MKT, or SPO. Students should check with their academic advisor to be sure that their choices will transfer to their selected institutions.Students are advised to confer with the Transfer Coordinator or their academic advisor, as transfer institutions periodically change requirements.