The Group Exercise Leader Certificate Program is designed for the individual who is interested in working as a group excercise instructor in a variety of health and fitness settings.
Upon completion of this program, the studentwill be able to:
- Define and discuss the roles and responsibilities of the group exerciseleader.
- Identify and discuss the components of fitness and explain how they relate to wellness.
- Describe and discuss human movement from physiological and biomechanical perspectives.
- Define and discuss ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine) guidelines for developing aerobic, muscular and flexibility training programs.
- Identify and demonstrate effective teaching skills including use of music, choreography development, cueing and class management.
- Discuss exercise programming considerations for populations withmedical concerns and explain basic emergency medical care.