The Health and Fitness Management Certificate Program will prepare the student for a management position in the field of health and fitness. Students will study health and fitness and business management courses in this option.
Upon completion of this prgram, the student will be able to:
- Define and discuss the roles and responsibilities of the health and fitness facility manager, human resource manager and exercise leader.
- Identify effective marketing and sales techniques used in the fitness field.
- Discuss financial operations of a fitness facility.
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills for diverse populations.
- Discuss and demonstrate effective techniques for hiring, training and evaluation offacility employees and exercise leaders.
- Discuss legal concerns and identify risk management techniques.
- Identify and discuss national certification and licensure for the exercise leader.
- Discuss the components of fitness and explain how they relate to wellness.
- Define, describe and demonstrate human movement patterns.
- Describe the physiological responses of the body during physical activity.
- Define and discuss ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine) fitness guidelines.
- Demonstrate use of equipment used to enhance physical conditioning
- Discuss exercise programming considerations for populations with medical concerns and explain basic emergency medical care.
Gainful Employment Disclosure