Upon completion of the Healthy Living Counseling Certificate Program, the student will be able to:
- Identify and describe body systems such as the musculoskeletal system, cardiopulmonary system, endocrine system, nervous system, digestive system and immune system.
- List and discuss healthy living strategies for proper nutrition, physicalfitness, stress management and disease prevention.
- List and describe the dimensions of wellness.
- Outline and discuss a sound physical fitness program that includes each of the components of fitness.
- Outline and discuss how to develop and follow a healthy diet and maintain a healthy body weight.
- Discuss the cost:benefit relationship of five or more sports supplements.
- Discuss dietary practices of various cultures and identify positive and negative aspects of each.
- Discuss diet trends and identify positive and negative aspects of each.
- Explain and demonstrate emergency first aid techniques including CPR and use of the AED.
- List and discuss behavior change models as related to healthy living strategies.
- List and discuss counseling techniques to enhance client motivation and adherence.
- Discuss ethical and legal concerns in counseling for health and wellness.
Gainful Employment Disclosure