The Personal Trainer/Fitness Counselor Certificate program is designed for the individual with an interest in working one-on-one with clients to developor enhance their health and fitness goals.
- Define the roles and responsibilities of the personal trainer/fitness counselor.
- Describe and discuss human movement from physiological and biomechanical perspectives.
- Define ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine) guidelines fitness.
- Describe and administer fitness assessments for each of the components of fitness and relate findings to fitness program design.
- Discuss exercise programming considerations for populations with medical concerns and demonstrate basic emergency care procedures.
- Define and employ leadership competencies such as effective interviewing skills and motivational techniques.
- Identify business opportunities available to the personal fitness counselor and define steps to implement business plan(s).
- Develop and implement an individualized fitness program.