The Strength and Conditioning Specialist Certificate is designed for the student who wants to specialize in the area of strength and conditioning for health fitness and sports and/or prepare for national certification in strength training.
Upon completion of this program, the student will beable to:
- Define the roles and responsibilities of the strength and conditioning coach.
- Describe and discuss human movement from physiological and biomechanical perspectives.
- Define the components of muscular strength, endurance and power as related to motor performance and functionality.
- Define ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine) guidelines for fitness.
- Describe and administer fitness assessments for each of the components of fitness and relate to program design.
- Discuss exercise programming considerations for populations with medical concerns and demonstrate basic emergency care procedures.
- Define and employ leadership competencies such as effective interviewing skills and motivational techniques.