What will you learn?
The Entrepreneurship option prepares students to create a business plan as the basis for creating a new business or growing an existing business. The degree can be completed in four semesters of full-time college coursework.
Upon graduation, students will be able to:
- Interpret accounting data and analyze financial statements
- Apply marketing concepts to chosen business
- Define traditional functions of management and their contribution to strategic planning
- Define and execute the principles of retailing, advertisting an customer service/sales
- Create a plan for a new business
- Enter the workforce prepared for entry-level jobs in a wide range of industries
What will you do?
Transfer to a four-year college or university, or go right into the workforce! Job and career options include:
- Small business ownership
Learn more about entrepreneurship at the Bureau of Labor Statistics website.
64 total credits
23 credits General Education Requirements + 29 credits Program Requirements
Depending on the course selection, up to 100% of this program can be completed online.
General Education Requirements
Choose three business electives from the following; ACC, BUS, HCA, LAW, MGT, MKT, OR SPO.
Any course listed in the catalog is acceptable.
Students who intend to transfer to a baccalaureate program should look at the following options: B023 Business Administration MassTransfer to state universities including UMass and Westfield State University; B034 Business Administration General Transfer to most four-year private colleges; B045 Paralegal Option for transfer to Elms College and Bay Path University; B056 Hospitality Management Transfer to state universities including UMass and to Johnson & Wales University; or B096 Sport Management transfer to state and private universities.
Business Electives: Select from the following; ACC, BUS, HCA, LAW, MGT, MKT, OR SPO.