Hospitality Management (Transfer)
What will you learn?
The Hospitality Transfer Option prepares students to transfer to the University of Massachusetts Amherst's Isenburg School of Management as a third-year Hospitality and Tourism Management major. Career opportunities in this fast-growing industry exist in such diverse sectors as travel and tourism, lodging, the restaurant industry, recreation and leisure, gaming entertainment, and conference and meeting planning.
Upon graduating from this program, students will be able to:
- Use generic business skills as well as functionally based hospitality industry skills to define relationships between situations and understand professional terminology and concepts within the industry
- Use mathematics and a business-oriented approach to identify, define, respond to and evaluate problem resolutions to global industry problems
- Understand the current ethical and social issues in the hospitality industry
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and customers using a variety of information resources
What will you do?
This program is designed for students who intent to transfer to a four-year college or university. Job and career options include:
- Food & Beverage Management
- Banquet & Catering Management
- Corporate & Event Planning
- Food Service Production
68 total credits
38 credits General Education Requirements + 27 credits Program Requirements
Depending on course selection, 80% of this program can be completed online.
General Education Requirements
This course explores the basic statements of an accounting system: the Balance Sheet, the Income Statement, and the Statement of Retained Earnings. Students will examine the accounting cycle with an emphasis on the methods of accumulating and summarizing data generated by business transactions. Students will apply their manual accounting skills to an automated accounting system using a learning management system. Areas of concentration will include adjusting entries, closing process, inventory analysis, merchandising transactions, cash control procedures, and receivables. Prerequisite: Eligibility for MTH 085
Select from: ACC, BUS, CUL, HCA, LAW, MGT, MKT, MTH, NTR, OR SPO.
Program Elective - Select from: ACC, BUS, CUL, HCA, LAW, MGT, MKT, MTH, NTR, OR SPO.
This program qualifies for MassTransfer, which guarantees credit transfer to Massachusetts state colleges and universities. MassTransfer also will grant students automatic acceptance to certain state colleges and universities by achieving the minimum grade point average and the HCC degree.