Information Technology Management
What will you learn?
This two-year program prepares students to enter the field of Information Technology in an entry-level position, or transfer to a four-year CIS, MIS, or IT program.
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to:
- Work with technology from a variety of disciplines, including hardware, software, programming, and networking.
- Understand the role of technology in business, and how it is applied.
- Work and communicate successfully in a business computing environment.
- Create, maintain, and interface with relational databases.
- Create simple programs using modern, high-level languages.
- Adapt to the ever-changing field by mastering core computing concepts.
Students who complete this degree and wish to transfer to a state college will be able to take advantage of the Mass Transfer Compact, allowing for guaranteed admission, reduced cost, and smoother transfer of credits.
What will you do?
Transfer to a four-year college or university, or go right into the workforce! Job and career options include:
- User support
- Web Development
- Network Management
- Instructional Design
- Technical Writing
63-64 total credits
35-36 credits General Education Requirements + 28 credits Program Requirements
Depending on the course selection, 50% of this program can be completed ONLINE.
General Education Requirements
This program qualifies for MassTransfer, which guarantees credit transfer to Massachusetts state colleges and universities. MassTransfer also will grant students automatic acceptance to certain state colleges and universities by achieving the minimum grade point average and the HCC degree.