Nutrition & Food Transfer
The Nutrition Program at HCC is a transfer program for articulation with the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
What will I learn?
The Nutrition Program at HCC is a transfer program for articulation with the University of Massachusetts at Amherst or other four-year institutions with nutrition and food science programs.
Upon completion of this program the student will be able to:
- Discuss nutrition as it relates to health and well-being.
- Discuss the factors that influence behaviors and attitudes about food.
- Discuss the macro and micro nutrients and identify current recommendations for and sources of each.
- Identify nutritional needs through the lifecycle.
- Discuss food digestion and metabolism.
- Discuss dietary practices of different cultures.
- Discuss dietary supplementation risks and benefits.
- Discuss food safety and security.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills required by nutrition advisors.
- Explain the relationship between nutrition, physical activity,and fitness Provide recommendations for physical activity.
- Transfer to a four-year institution to pursue a Bachelor's of Science in Nutrition and qualify for participation in a one-year ADA internship and become licensed to work in all fields of Nutrition in the United States.
What will I do?
This program is for students who wish to transfer to a four-year college or university to prepare for a variety of careers, including:
- Community & Public Health Nutrition
- Health Sciences
- Food Science
Learn more at What Can I Do With This Major?
61 total credits
35 credits General Education Requirements + 26 credits Program Requirements
Depending on the course selection 50% of this program can be completed online.
General Education Requirements
Students interested in transferring to Dietetics Programs should consider MGT 230 and MGT 231
Students interested in transferring to Nutrition Research Programs should consider CHM 222.
This program qualifies for MassTransfer, which guarantees credit transfer to Massachusetts state colleges and universities. MassTransfer also will grant students automatic acceptance to certain state colleges and universities by achieving the minimum grade point average and the HCC degree.