What will you learn?
This two-year program prepares students to enter the field of computer programming in an entry-level position, or transfer to a four-year Computer Science program.
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to:
- Create computer applications in a variety of modern, high level programming languages.
- Work both in independent and group coding environments.
- Create programs that conform to modern industry standards for computer science.
- Model mathematic and scientific principles in a computer environment.
- Adapt to the ever-changingfield by mastering core programming concepts.
Students who complete this degree and wish to transfer to a state college will be able to take advantage of the Mass Transfer Compact, allowing for guaranteed admission, reduced cost, and smoother transfer of credits.
what will you do?
Transfer to a four-year college or university, or enter the workforce! Jobs and careers include:
- Computer programmer
- Software developer
- Computer/information systems manager
63-64 total credits
35-36 credits General Education Requirements + 28 credits Program Requirements
Depending on course selection, 30% of this program can be completed online.
General Education Requirements
This course will serve as an in-depth exploration of data structures using the Java language. Topics will include the design and implementation of stacks, queues, lists, maps, trees, and graphs using both arrays and references, a further study of recursion, searching and sorting algorithms, order-of-growth analysis, as well as various advanced features of the Java language, such as multi-threading. Prerequisite: CSI 254
Social Science Elective - Recommend ECN 101 and 102.
This program qualifies for MassTransfer, which guarantees credit transfer to Massachusetts state colleges and universities. MassTransfer also will grant students automatic acceptance to certain state colleges and universities by achieving the minimum grade point average and the HCC degree.