What will you learn?
This degree prepares students to transfer to a four-year baccalaureate institutions.
Upon graduating from this program, students will be able to:
- define the sport and recreation industry
- interpret accounting data and analyze financial statements
- apply the marketing concept
- appreciate the role of law in the sport and recreation industry
- define traditional functions of management and their contribution to strategic planning
- calculate and quantify data to make business decision
- plan sporting events
what will you do?
Continue at a four year college or university, or enter the workforce! Jobs and careers include:
- Sports marketing
- Facilities management
- Sports media
64 total credits
32 credits General Education Requirements + 32 credits Program Requirements
Depending on course selection, 80% of this program can be completed online.
General Education Requirements
This program qualifies for MassTransfer, which guarantees credit transfer to Massachusetts state colleges and universities. MassTransfer also will grant students automatic acceptance to certain state colleges and universities by achieving the minimum grade point average and the HCC degree.
Students planning to transfer to other four-year institutions should check with either their academic advisor or the Coordinator of Transfer Affairs Coordinator in selecting their courses.
Minimum 3.0 GPA needed for UMass, Amherst.