Interlibrary Loan Policy
If your research leads you to a book or article not available at the Holyoke Community College Library or its network, you may request the item through Interlibrary Loan.
Who is Eligible?
This service is available to all currently enrolled HCC students, faculty, and staff only. Contact your public library if you are not eligible for this service.
- Before submitting a request for an item, you must be sure that it is not owned by the HCC Library or its network. For books and audio-visual materials, check the on-line catalog. [Please note that very few libraries will lend audio-visual materials through Interlibrary Loan.] For magazines, journals and newspapers, check the HCC Journal List.
- Fill out an Interlibrary Loan Request form at the Reference Desk. Please print legibly and include all the information requested. All Interlibrary Loan Request forms must be approved by a reference librarian.
- The library will only request items that it can acquire for no cost.
- Limit to 5 requests per week.
Pickup and Return
- It is the patron's responsibility to check with the I.L.L. department within a week, either in person or by telephone (552-2187), to inquire about the status of their loan request.
- Promptly pick up items at the Circulation Desk so that you will get the maximum use of the material.
- Material must be returned to a staff person at the Circulation Desk by the date it is due. The HCC library cannot renew borrowed material without the permission of the lending library.
- Failure to pay late fees will result in suspension of library privileges and withholding of grades at the end of the semester.
- If materials are lost or damaged, the individual borrower is responsible for replacement or repair costs to the satisfaction of the lending library.