Create links to online articles and videos, book chapters, and other library resources
See our PDF document for detailed step by step instructions.
Durable (persistent) links can be posted on a course webpage, Moodle page, or e-mailed to students and provide a direct link a selected article or book chapter.
Directions: Search the database and display an article. Getting the URL of the article depends on the database company:
- Ebsco Find: "Permalink" on the right side tool bar
- Gale Click on "Bookmark this document" on the right side tool bar
- Facts on File: Find: "Record URL:" (bottom of page)
- Ebrary (online books): use the URL in your browser. For example: http://site.ebrary.com/lib/holyokelibrary/docDetail.action?docID=5003089
- Films on Demand (online videos): use the URL in your browser. For example: http://digital.films.com.ezhc.ez.cwmars.org:4000/PortalViewVideo.aspx?xtid=39464
If you want to ensure the article is accessible from off-campus, you may have to preface the URL with: http://ezhc.ez.cwmars.org:4000/login?url=
for example: http://ezhc.ez.cwmars.org:4000/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com....
Any problems? Contact the reference desk.