Acceptance to the ADN (Associates Degree in Nursing) and PN (Practical Nursing Certificate) programs at Holyoke Community College is competitive and space is limited in each program. Students who successfully complete the ADN program are eligible to take the NCLEX-RN exam to become a Registered Nurse (RN). Students completing the PN program are eligible to take the NCLEX-PN exam to become a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
There are prerequisites that must be met prior to applying to either program. To learn more about these programs and the respective requirements, it is required that you attend a Nursing Information Session within a 2 year application period. Each session lasts approximately one hour and is conducted by a member of the Division of Health and Life Sciences at HCC. No reservations necessary.
Call (413) 552-2321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.
If you have a disability and may require accommodation in order to fully participate in this program, please contact the Division of Health and Life Sciences to discuss your specific needs at (413) 552-2467.Documents and Deadline to apply
The following items will start your student file, and must be submitted no later than 4:30 p.m. on the February 1, 2012 deadline:
Completed HCC RN or PN application with signature and the following documents.
- Immunization forms sent directly to Health Services
- Work/volunteer experience form completed thoroughly
- Laboratory science petition form completed thoroughly (if applicable)
- Proficiency course work assessment form completed thoroughly
- Official high school transcripts, diploma, GED diploma or scores (sealed envelope)
- Official college transcripts (sealed envelope) (not necessary for HCC transcript)