Take a class, attend a workshop, or join a club.
Wellness Promotion at HCC provides programming that supports student success, while encouraging a balanced lifestyle and a sense of belonging on campus.
- Mindfulness & Meditation for Healthy Living (HFN 153)
- Thriving with iRest®
- Beginning Yoga (HFN 145)
- Yoga II (HFN 148)
Workshops for Classes & Student Groups
- "Turn your Frazzle into Dazzle" – Stress Reduction
- "Taming the Monsters in Your Brain" – Working with Intrusive Thoughts & Beliefs
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Mindful Movement
- Yoga & Meditation for Military Members and Vets – "Warriors at Ease"
- Mental Health & Wellness
Wellness Promotion Clubs
Active Minds at HCC
- Develops awareness activities about mental health
- Provides programming that encourages conversations about mental health
- Directs students to on-campus and community resources
- Provides an on-going weekly asana (yoga posture) practice - open to campus community
- Fundraisers to support those affected by natural disasters
- Health and well-being promotion activities
Ongoing drop-in yoga practices are open to the HCC college community. Schedule varies each semester.
- iRest® Integrative Restoration Yoga Nidra: A guided meditation and practice of self-inquiry, which is deeply relaxing and restorative.