Holyoke Community College's Cooperative Program has a solid track record of providing employers with qualified student interns. HCC students are enthusiastic about the chance to gain work experience in their field of study and make a meaningful contribution to your organization.
What are the benefits of sponsoring a co-op student?
- Co-op offers a cost-effective way for your organization to employ motivated, temporary workers.
- Co-op students can reduce recruitment and training costs if later hired for permanent positions.
- Sponsoring a Co-op student connects your organization with HCC and can lead to further collaboration with our Service Learning, Career Services, and Workforce Development programs.
- Participating in Co-op is a meaningful way to support higher education in your community.
What should employers consider before sponsoring an HCC co-op student?
It's important to think about the availability of projects and who can mentor the student. For example:
- Do you have assignments that would challenge the student and are of value to you?
- Do you have staff available to supervise and support the student?
- Do you have space where the student can work?
How do employers get involved with co-op?
If you have Cooperative Education opportunities in your organization, please complete the Employer Co-op Application.
Andrea Picard, Coordinator of Experiential Education
Holyoke Community College
303 Homestead Avenue
Holyoke, MA 01040