Successful Student Checklist
This student checklist is to help you manage your time efficiently and make sure you have everything necessary to begin the school year. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. HCC uses e-billing and HCC email for all its communication. Your first priority to stay connected with HCC is to log into your accounts at MyHCC. Have a successful year!
Download this checklist to save or print!
Communication - Login to services at MyHCC to stay informed!
- HCC uses e-billing and email communication. To see your bill you must go to Online Services at www.hcc.edu/myHCC. Billing reminders and other important messages will be sent to your HCC email address. Be sure to check it regularly! MyHCC Login Instructions.
- E-mail (Powered by Google)
Moodle (Online, Blended Classes (½ online, ½ on-site) and Online-Enhanced classes)
Online Services (Grades, Registration, DegreeWorks, Online Bill Pay)
RAVE Alert System (Login to RAVE to receive texts, emails, and/or phone calls when there is an emergency on campus, early opening or closing due to snow and more!)
- Having difficulty with logins, contact: Helpdesk (413)552-2075
- College Placement Test: is a computerized assessment of basic math, reading, and writing, and is required. Testing takes approximately two hours in the Assessment Center (FR 271) 413-552-2055.
- Student ID card: Bring your printed schedule and license (or state issued picture ID) to get your HCC Student ID Card in the Assessment Center (FR 271) 413-552-2055.
- Immunization Records: All full-time students(regardless of age) are required by MA State Law (Chap. 76, Sect. 15C) to submit complete documentation of their immunization records within 30 days of registration. Please ask your health care provider for a copy of any shot records in your file and submit to Health Services (FR 105) or fax 413-552-2121.
- Advising Center: provides all aspects of academic advising to new, current and returning students. They will assist with registration of classes. See an advisor on a walk-in basis or by appointment (FR 273); 413-552-2722; email@example.com.
Pay for College
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): submit electronically; correct your FAFSA; and check your status with HCC Federal School Code #002170.
- Pay Your Bill: To make payments to your account go to Student Accounts Office (FR 201) or login to My Online services and you can access eRefund/eBill/Payments/Payment Plans or go to Student Accounts Office (FR 201), call (413) 552-2101.
- Bookstore: To purchase or rent books you will need your class schedule and your HCC Student ID card and form of payment: cash, check, charge or Financial Aid Book advance or purchase your books online. Location: Campus Center 1st floor. (413) 552-2521. *General hours 8:30 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. *Hours are subject to change, for an up-to-date schedule visit the website. Note: During the days of orientation the bookstore will be open until 5:30 p.m. on January 14 and until 6:00 p.m. on January 20 and 22.
- Waive Health Insurance: Health insurance fees may be waived, if the student has comparable coverage through personal, parental, or spousal insurance, by going to My Online Services, directly with Gallagher Koster or contact Student Accounts (FR 201) 413-552-2101.
HCC Photo ID
- Have Your Student ID card: You'll need your ID to access computer labs, the library, the Bartley Center for Athletics and Recreation and free or low cost admission to HCC events. You must have your ID to get your bus pass or get student information from various offices to use PVTA service for free. Always carry it with you! Student Accounts (FR 201).
- Library Card: Bring your HCC Student ID card to the library to receive a barcode which will give you access to library resources. (DON 202) 413-552-2372.
- PVTA Bus Pass: You'll need your HCC Student ID card to receive your bus pass; and both cards are needed to use the PVTA service for free. Student Accounts Office (FR 201) 413-552-2101.
- PVTA Bus Schedule: PVTA is an independent contractor, so for scheduling questions contact: (413) 781-7882 or check the website.
- Parking Registration: All vehicles need to have an HCC parking sticker by the first week of classes. Take your HCC Student ID card and your vehicle registration to Campus Police or to your New Student Orientation to receive a permanent parking sticker. (Public Safety Bldg. 214, across the street from Frost).
Classrooms and Available Computers
- Computer Access Needed: Computers are available for your use at the Advising Center (FR 273), Financial Aid (FR 201), Student Accounts (FR 201), or Welcome Center (FR 221) to take care of College business.
- Classrooms: Locate your classrooms in advance. Campus map is available online and in the Student Handbook.
- New Student Orientation & Program Day: Attend your scheduled mandatory New Student Orientation. You will learn about the supportive services available to you.
- Student Handbook: Your responsibility as a student at HCC is to become familiar with the College's policies and procedures in the Student Handbook.
- Join student clubs and organizations (Student Activities, DON 103).
- Use on-campus resources like CAPS, Library, Veteran Services, Center for Career Development, Office for Students with Disabilities and Deaf Services and more!
Stay on track!
- Meet with your Academic Advisor and discuss how you are doing. Meet with the Transfer Counselor early to set a plan to transfer. Locate your Academic Advisor by login into MyHCC-Online Services.