About HCC

Contact us

Questions? Contact the Financial Aid office:

Frost 201

Financial Aid

More than half of all HCC students receive financial aid from federal, state, and private sources. The Financial Aid Office is here to help you complete and submit your paperwork. You can even apply and submit federal financial aid forms directly from our office.

The vast majority of financial aid funds at Holyoke Community College come from federal and state programs for which eligibility is need-based. Students applying for financial aid are considered for a wide variety of aid programs. Students must reapply for this aid each academic year. State-funded programs require the student (and parent) to have been Massachusetts residents for at least one year before the start of the school year. All awards are subject to the availability of funds and changes in federal, state, and college regulations, policies, and procedures.

Office Hours (Frost 201)


Monday 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Tuesday 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Wednesday   8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.




Two weeks prior to both fall & spring semesters

Monday 8:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Tuesday 8:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Wednesday   8:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Add/drop week

Monday 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Tuesday 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Wednesday   8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Thursday 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.


Email: financialaid@hcc.edu
Phone: 413.552.2150

Online Services

Students can review up-to-date financial aid information online. Log in to review the status of your application, download missing requirements, check on your Satisfactory Academic Progress standing, and more. 

We encourage students to download this brochure to help them navigate the most common Financial Aid functions in Online Services. 

Important News

Intersession is considered part of the spring 2017 semester for financial aid. The number of credits you take during Intersession is combined with the number of credits you take during the traditional spring semester to determine your spring 2017 financial aid award.

If you withdraw from an Intersession class, the class cannot be counted in your financial aid for the spring 2017 semester, and your financial aid may be reduced. If you drop your spring 2017 classes, for financial aid purposes it is best to drop them while you are still enrolled in your Intersession class. You cannot receive a Pell Grant from more than one school per semester. If you are transferring for the spring, you may want to consider declining your Pell Grant award at HCC for Intersession. The review of academic progress (based on the prior fall grades) will take place in early January. If it is determined that you are not meeting the standards, your financial aid for the spring semester (including Intersession) may be canceled after you have started attendance and incurred charges for your intersession class.

Contact us

Questions? Contact the Financial Aid office:

Frost 201