The HCC College Store (formerly know as the bookstore) has relocated to Donahue 154 while the Campus Center is being renovated. Our phone number is 413.552.2521. In order to better serve our students, HCC has moved to online-only book purchasing. For Summer and Fall 2017, textbooks can be ordered online with our partner MBSDirect. You can use approved Book Advances in the online MBSDirect store.
We are still your place to shop for tech accessories, software, and hardware such as laptops, HCC branded apparel, convenience products including healthy snacks and gluten-free choices, backpacks, art supplies, calculators, flash drives, and many other supplies.
Fall book ordering will open on July 17 here for ordering with credit cards and Paypal, and for general viewing of course content info. The fall book advance charging period will be open August 14 through September 22. All students can shop in the marketplace for books on the MBSDirect website. If you choose to purchase from a marketplace vendor, please read their return policy before purchasing. Marketplace purchases are not returnable to MBSDirect or the HCC College Store.
MBSDirect return policy
MBSDirect offers a refund for customers returning materials within 14 days of the class start date or within 21 days of the date the materials are shipped, whichever is later. Shipping costs are not refundable and the materials returned must be in the same condition in which they were originally received. Additionally, any shrink wrap or bundling that is present must not be opened or removed to allow for a full refund.
The MBSDirect customer service number is 1.800.325.3252, 24 hours a day.
There will not be a free shipping period this fall. For all fall orders placed within the continental United States, HCC students will receive a flat shipping rate of $7.95 per order. This is for UPS delivery (a P.O. box cannot be used). Any order placed before 12 noon will typically arrive in four business days.
HCC students will receive a flat shipping rate of $7.95 per order for the fall semester. Whenever possible, it is recommended to order all books at once to take advantage of the flat shipping rate.
Orders can be shipped to a student's home, or to the college using the following address:
Holyoke Community College
303 Homestead Avenue
Please go to Frost 225 in Office Services on the estimated delivery date for pick-up.
Students may still use their book advance in the College Store to purchase supplies that are necessary for academic use. You can use an approved book advance in the online MBSDirect store as well. You will need your course ID with section number, your HCC ID, and a book advance ID to place an online order for textbooks. You will receive the book advance ID in your HCC email account from MBSDirect. If you have difficulty locating the book advance ID, please come into the College Store in Donahue 154 for assistance.
Books can be sold anytime on the MBSDirect website by clicking on menu, then clicking on "Sell Your Textbooks." You will receive a free shipping label if you choose to sell your books. The next on campus buyback will be held on Tuesday, Sept. 5 and Wednesday, Sept. 6 from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the College Store in Donahue 154.
|Sept. 5 – 7||Tuesday – Thursday||8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.|
|Sept. 8||Friday||8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Sept. 9||Saturday||9 a.m. – 12 noon|
|Sept. 11 – 14||Monday – Thursday||8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
|Sept. 15||Friday||8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Sept. 18 – 19||Monday – Tuesday||8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
|Sept. 20 – 22||Wednesday – Friday||8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
Between September 25 and December 15, the College Store is open Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The HCC Bookstore is now the HCC College Store. During the renovation of the Campus Center, we will be temporarily located in DON 154. Stop by and see us! We offer:
- Holyoke Community College imprinted gifts and apparel
- Supplies such as notebooks, pens/pencils, highlighters, binders, and paper
- Discounted software
- Computer supplies
- Gift certificates
- Graduation items-caps & gowns, diploma frames
- Cold drinks
- Postage stamps
If your financial aid package includes a book advance, please read the following information carefully.
- Click here.
- Click on the blue rectangle at the top of the page that says "Redeem it here."
- You will need your nine-digit student ID number and your book advance ID number (Financial Aid emailed this to your HCC email account).
- If you do not have your book advance ID number, look to the left of the log-in area and select "click here," OR click on "Need this email again," which is above the box labeled "Book Advance ID*."
- The book advance ID number (financial aid, MCB, or MRC) will be re-emailed to you (access your email and fill in the appropriate book advance ID number; be sure to keep your email open OR write it down as you will need it again).
- Return to the MBS Direct bookstore website and enter the book advance ID number in the appropriate box. Once you have entered both your student ID number and your book advance ID number, click on "Access Your Funds."
- You are now ready to order your books! If you have questions or need help ordering, please visit the HCC College Store in DON 154.