Course Reserves for Students
Professors occasionally place articles, books, DVDs, CDs and other material on reserve for class use. These materials are available at the circulation desk for books and articles and the 4th for audiovisual material. Students requesting material on Reserve must have an HCC ID card and be currently attending HCC.
There are two ways to access what is on Reserve for a class.
1. Visit the course reserves page by clicking on Search Course Reserves.
- Browse for your course by instructor’s last name, course code or name of course.
- Clicking on the course link will display the items on reserve for your course. The information in green indicates whether a copy is available and what to ask for at the circulation desk.
- Reserve materials have different loan periods and fines.
- One reserve item at a time may be borrowed.
- If no one is waiting for the item, you can renew a reserve item once.
- If material is not returned on time the instructor is notified, fines begin accruing, borrowing privileges will be denied and student will not be issued grades, diplomas, or transcripts until this matter has been resolved.
2. A binder at the Circulation Desk provides a list of all materials in alphabetical order by instructor’s names.
Call the Circulation Desk at 413.552.2372 for more information.