College is a time of newfound freedom for many students. That can spell trouble if that freedom applies to personal finances, too. Students need to understand basic money management skills such as living within a budget and handling credit and debt. A solid financial foundation can lead to a lifetime of financial success.
To help you build that solid financial foundation Holyoke Community College is providing SALT, a new membership program, as a gift to all students. SALT will help you take charge of your finances, look for jobs and internships, access exclusive discounts and deals, and understand loan repayment options if you have student loans. Plus, it will always be free to our students. Always.
Student loans can be confusing. There are many different types of loans, and it can be overwhelming to determine what kind of loan is best for you to borrow. Also, once in repayment, there are many options for repayment plans and consolidation.
Topics of Interest
As part of an initiative to ensure that Holyoke Community College students are financially literate for their lifetime, Holyoke Community College has partnered with American Student Assistance (a nonprofit organization) to create a free financial education program for our current Holyoke Community College students, as well as our alumni. This product is called SALT.
Giving a gift can become stressful if you're not sure how much to spend – or can't afford to spend much. By setting limits and being creative, you can keep your experience (and your recipient) happy.
Updated: November 19, 2015
What You'll Learn
- Why you should set a budget for gifts.
- Ways to help you manage gift costs.
- Inexpensive gift ideas for any occasion.
What is SALT?
SALT was created by American Student Assistance, a nonprofit organization, to help current Holyoke Community College students like you become more financially savvy. This program rewards you for making smart money decisions, and we're providing all of its services to you – including your membership – free of charge.
Activating your SALT membership allows you take advantage of members-only features, like:
- Interactive money management tools that show you how to take control of your finances
- A personal dashboard that tracks all of your student loans in one place
- Loan advice from SALT's expert counselors
- My Money 101-a self-paced, online training resource that teaches you practical money management strategies for budgeting, credit management, and more
- Access to thousands of jobs and internships to jumpstart your career
- Exclusive benefits that help you save and spend smart
For more information, visit the SALT website.