HCC Library Joins HELM
HCC is part of a newly formed network: HELM (Higher Education Libraries of Massachusetts). HELM can:
- Support student research with a catalog that will provide more scholarly materials
- Make it easier to borrow from other colleges
- Use a library system that is designed to meet the needs of academic library searching, including e-resources and course reserves
- Belong to a more compatible and academically focused community of practice
- Align with peer Massachusetts public higher education institutions to work in a more strategic fashion and have a stronger voice in decision and policy making.
Can I still get non-HCC material?
The HCC community will still be able to borrow from external libraries. You can always use your local public library if you prefer the CW MARS system.
CWMARS to HELM transition reminders
- HCC is no longer a pick-up location for CW MARS
MORE ABOUT HELM
HELM founding members are Holyoke Community College, MCLA, MassBay Community College, Middlesex Community College, North Shore Community College, Quinsigamond Community College and Roxbury Community College. HELM libraries are affiliate members of the Fenway Library Organization.