Self-Service Time & Attendance
Self-Service Time & Attendance Module
Self-Service Time & Attendance is the module the State use for reporting time. Using Self-Service Time & Attendance, an employee will report his/her time each week. Employees are required to contact their supervisors for any unexpected absences. Requests for scheduled time off will remain the same.
To make time reporting as easy as possible for employees, the online timesheet is pre-populated with standard work hours. When an employee reports time, he/she will need to review the timesheet, make any necessary updates (such as reporting vacation or other time), and "submit" for the timesheet to be processed. Once an employee submits his/her time, the respective manager or supervisor will review and approve the reported time.
You will need your Employee ID in order to log in to Self-Service Time & Attendance. Employee ID can found on your pay invoice (in the box next to your name) or ask your HR/Payroll office.
Online Training for Self-Service Time & Attendance is available
Online learning courses provide a brief, step-by-step walk through of essential functions in Self-Service Time & Attendance (SSTA). Courses have been prepared for the employee and for the manager/supervisor (Time Approver). We recommend you review the courses in order, beginning with the Introduction and Navigation. If you are a non-unit professional or MCCC Unit Professional, click the training "For Reported Time Employees" If you are classified employee, click on the training "For Punch Time Employees."
Begin your online training.
Online Courses Support
If you experience any problems with the online courses, email us at SSTAeLearningSupport@MassMail.State.MA.US. In your email, please provide us with your contact information (name and phone number) and a brief description of the problem you are experiencing.
Enter Time & Attendance
Wednesdays at 2 p.m. for employee reporting deadline
Thursdays at 12 noon for approver deadline
To report and submit your time, you will:
- Log in to the SSTA website and navigate to your online timesheet. Your online timesheet is pre-populated with your work schedule.
- If you worked your scheduled hours, proceed to step 4.
- To report sick, vacation or other leave hours, adjust the pre-populated time in your time sheet by entering the appropriate time reporting code (TRC). (Remember you are still required to contact your supervisor for any unexpected absences. Requests for scheduled time off will remain the same.)
- Click the "Submit" button to submit your time so your supervisor/manager can approve it.
Report time in 15 minute increments:
.25 = 15 minutes
.50 = 30 minutes
.75 = 45 minutes
Time Recording Code (TRC) Most Common:
VAC - Vacation
SIC - Sick
SIF - Family Sick
PER - Personal
HLN - Holiday Pay Normal
Frequently used TRCs -
REG - Regular Hours
VAC - Vacation Leave
SIC - Sick Leave
PER - Personal Leave
HLN - Holiday Pay Normal
NOP - Not on Payroll
OTP - Overtime Premium (1.5X)
OTS - Overtime Straight
COM - Comp Time Earned
CMT - Comp Time Taken
BRL - Bereavement (in accordance with union agreement)
JDP - Jury Duty Paid
Making Prior Pay Period Adjustments with Self-Service Time & Attendance
Making a prior pay period adjustment means adjusting time you have already reported. With Self-Service Time & Attendance (SSTA), you have the ability to adjust time up to one pay period in the past in order to correct inaccuracies. To perform a prior pay period adjustment, you will:
- Log in to the SSTA application and navigate to your online timesheet.
- Use the "Previous Week" link to navigate to the relevant date(s).
- Follow the steps for reporting time, adjusting previously reported time as necessary.
- Click the "Submit" button to submit your adjusted time so your supervisor/manager can approve it.
- Your adjustment will then be ready for your Manager/Supervisor's approval. If you need to adjust time more than one pay period in the past, you will need to contact your HR/Payroll office.