What is Navigate?
Navigate is a mobile advisor that gets you from acceptance to graduation! The app helps you choose the right major, navigate requirements from financial aid to course registration, and stay on top of important dates and deadlines – all in the palm of your hand.
Navigate has made staying on top of the things you need to do and making the important decisions of college easier. It's the ultimate guide to build a path to graduation – and stay on that path. Want to see what it looks like? Check out our Student Quick Start Guide!
Know When Important Milestones Are Coming Up: From attending orientation to preparing for finals, now there's a clear timeline of what you need to do. Within each task, Navigate connects you to the links and resources you need to get things done.
Find the Right Fit: Navigate's Major Exploration tool connects your interests and goals to the right major – fill out a short survey and see which programs match!
Learn How to Get the Most Out of College: Navigate provides all the steps to start college on the right foot. Get handy tips and tutorials on everything from getting involved in student organizations to paying for college.
Connect to the Support You Need – Faster: Have questions or run into a problem? Navigate's appointment scheduler gets you facetime with the people who can help. Best of all, the appointments sync with your phone's calendar.
Once fully deployed, Navigate will provide an array of self service features, including the following:
Features for Students:
- Alerts and notifications for important "to-dos"
- Views of important milestones to stay on track and encourage progress
- Easy access to advisors, faculty, and other resources when help is needed
- Ability to see a personalized calendar of appointments and milestones
- A way to set and achieve clear goals
Features for Faculty
- Smart Student Profiles for greater awareness of each student's plans, needs, and progress
- Coordinated Care Network providing early alerts and integrated interactions between faculty, advisors, and other support staff
- Easy access to communication tools to contact students and schedule appointments when needed
Features for Advisors & Support Staff
- Information on student profiles, alerts, notifications, and responses in one place
- Centralized appointment scheduling for college services
- Insights into academic planning to optimize course schedules for on-time graduations
- Alerts and progress reports on students needing support
- Targeted outreach to specific student groups during enrollment or advising campaigns.
- Automated alerts to students and staff re: scheduling errors or unnecessary courses
- Messages and screens when students register for courses to guide them toward schedules that fit their academic plans, personal schedules, and preferred course formats.
Learn more about Navigate on the HCC Navigate Google site.