Read HCC's COVID-19 policies here. Road work is ongoing. View our road/parking lot closure map.

Student Life

Veteran Services

Welcome veterans, reservists, active duty, and eligible spouses and dependents of veterans!

Student meets with Veterans Services officer at HCC

We are proud to have you at HCC and greatly appreciate your service to our nation. We know that balancing college life with your military, career, family and personal responsibilities can be very challenging. HCC would like to facilitate your success by providing the support, resources, and information that meet your unique needs.

Mission Statement

The function of the Office of Veteran Services at Holyoke Community College is to assist our veterans, service members, and their dependents in pursuing their educational, professional, or vocational objectives. We are dedicated to serving those who served us by assisting them in receiving their education benefits, facilitating their transition into our college, and providing support for their ongoing academic success. 

Applying to HCC

All prospective students must fill out an HCC application, which can be filed online. You can begin the online filing process by visiting Admissions.

Applying for Benefits

New students at HCC who have not used any VA educational assistance programs should begin the process by applying for education benefits online at

Out-of-state students: To ensure that our recently discharged veterans and their eligible family members will not have to bear the cost of out-of-state charges while using their Post 9/11 GI Bill® and Montgomery GI Bill® education benefits, HCC is now fully compliant with Section 702 of the Veterans Access, Choice & Accountability Act of 2014.  We have also elected to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program to make additional funds available without an additional charge to your GI Bill® entitlement.

Continuing students can be certified for benefits each semester as soon as they have registered and have notified the Certifying Official.

Transfer students who have received VA educational assistance benefits at other institutions of higher education only need to update your education benefits online.

Reservists who have not used any of their Montgomery GI Bill® – Selected Reserve Educational Assistance (Chapter 1606) benefits will need the original DD Form 2384-1: Notice of Basic Eligibility from their Reserve Unit.

National Guard Soldiers and Airmen can request a state tuition and fee waiver by clicking here.

Dependents who have not received Dependents' Educational Assistance Benefits Chapter 35 will need to apply online or provide a previously issued Certificate of Eligibility.

Disabled veterans are eligible for considerable financial help when they apply for Veteran Readiness & Employment Service. You must have a VA certified disability rating of at least 10 percent. You will receive authorization directly from the VA.

Benefit Declaration Form: Use this form to indicate the selection of what benefits, if any, you want the certifying official to use.

Any individual who is entitled to educational assistance under chapter 31 or 33 that has provided a certificate of eligibility will not have any penalty, including the assessment of late fees, the denial of access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities, or the requirement that a covered individual borrow additional funds because of the individual's inability to meet his or her financial obligations to the institution due to the delayed disbursement of a payment from the VA.

GI Bill®TM is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at