Adult Learning Center
The HCC Adult Learning Center is a free, intensive, evening high school equivalency preparation program that offers classes September through June.
- Level 1 - Provides math, reading and writing academic support for students with grade level equivalence of 3-5
- Level 2 - Provides math, reading, writing, science and social studies academic support for students with grade level equivalence of 6-8
- Level 3 - Provides comprehensive instruction in math, reading, writing, science and social studies academic support for students with grade level equivalence of 9-12
- Focus on Math - Provides intensive math support. Recommended for students needing assistance with only math, or for students who have passed all areas of the HiSET exam except math
- Focus on English Language Arts - Provides additional English Language Arts support
Free Services Offered
- In-class tutoring
- Career and academic counseling
- Referrals to partnering agencies
- Transition to College support services
- Field trips and special "elective" courses
Schedule & Location
We are located at the Picknelly Adult & Family Education Center on the upper floors of the Holyoke Transportation Center in downtown Holyoke.
206 Maple Street
Holyoke, MA 01040
Transportation & Parking
Transportation to Picknelly Center is available via HCC's free shuttle service, La Guagua Pa'l College. All Holyoke buses go to the Transportation Center located below the PAFEC. There is also garage parking and metered street parking nearby. A fee is charged until 5 p.m.