Para Educator Training (Teaching Assistant)
Enrolls in Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer
9 a.m. - 1 p.m., Monday - Friday
100% online 7 Week Course
Offered through Holyoke Community College, this program is fully online.
For those interested in working family-friendly hours as a para educator (also called a teaching assistant), this program can lead directly to an internship or employment with the Springfield Public Schools or other public school districts starting in the fall. The program also includes a job readiness and career exploration component.
- Gain education-specific knowledge, skills and qualifications necessary to be a Para-educator in Massachusetts public schools
- Get help preparing to pass the PCTA exam
- Have mentors to help you plan and achieve your goals and support your success.
For DTA qualified applicants, you may also earn a stipend of $125/week throughout the training and internship.
To be eligible you must:
- Have a high school diploma or GED/HiSET
- Pass a CORI/background check/ fingerprints
- Be authorized to work in the United States
- Be able to pass the PCTA exam.
To be eligible for a paid DTA Stipend, you must meet all the above requirements, and you must also:
- Receive TAFDC
In partnership with Department of Transitional Assistance, Springfield Federation of Paraprofessionals, Springfield Public Schools and Springfield Works.
Click here for a program flyer.