Library Display Cases
Schedule of Displays
Request to use one of the cases. (sign in with HCC e-mail required)
HCC Library welcomes the opportunity to allow departments and groups from the college community to use the library's display cases. Space is provided for displays of an educational, cultural, intellectual, charitable or historical nature, and for exhibiting works of art. Display areas may also be used for materials from the Library's collection or to publicize library services, collections, or activities.
Exhibit Policy and Purpose
Exhibit areas are available on an equitable basis regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting their use. The Library endeavors to present a broad spectrum of opinion and viewpoints. The Library does not endorse content nor imply agreement or disagreement with beliefs or viewpoints expressed in the exhibits or displays. The Library does not accept responsibility for ensuring that all points of view are represented in any single display.
Displays should be appropriate in material, form, and content for the academic community. For example, the Library discourages material containing images that include significant elements of sexually explicit imagery or graphic depictions of violence. In general, the Library does not accept exhibits or displays of a purely commercial nature, unless they have a special educational, informational, or cultural value to the college community. If the exhibit contains elements that may be of concern under this policy, the exhibitor should discuss it with the Library Dean or her representative in advance of the installation date.
- Exhibit space must be reserved in advance.
- The title or description of the proposed display and a brief description of the individual, group or department mounting the display should be submitted for review at least two months in advance.
- Submissions are reviewed by the display case coordinator. Display space may not be booked more than one year in advance.
- Exhibitors can request to use all 8 display cases.
- Displays are typically scheduled for one month at a time.
- All materials are displayed at the exhibitor's own risk. Exhibitors are responsible for providing tools and supplies. However, the library can supply support materials from our circulating collection and basic mounting materials: construction paper, push pins and scotch tape.
- The exhibitor is responsible for installing and labeling the exhibit on the agreed upon date.
- The exhibitor MUST remove the exhibit promptly on the agreed upon date.
- All displays/exhibits must be set up and removed with as little interference as possible to the daily operations of the Library.
- The library reserves the right to remove exhibit materials if they are not picked up by the agreed upon date. Exhibit materials may be disposed of if not claimed within 30 days.
- Due to the demand of the display cases, the same individual or group may not mount a display more than twice in an academic year.