get in touch
TRIO Program Academic Counselors are available via phone or email Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Flexible appointments can be scheduled in advance. Call 413.552.2505 or email one of our staff directly. Leave your name and contact information, and one of our staff will be in touch within 24 hours.
TRIO Student Support Services and TRIO STEM & Health Sciences Student Support Services are designed to assist students who are first generation to college (neither parent or guardian has received a bachelor's degree), have a financial need (low-income), and/or have a documented disability. Our overall goal is to increase college retention and graduation rates for program participants.
TRIO SSS and TRIO STEM-HS promote and encourage academic excellence and success among their participants through a vast range of ongoing academic support services. We strive to motivate, engage, and empower students to become aware of their academic potential and future success!
- Academic, career, financial aid, and transfer counseling
- STEM H-S academic, career, financial, transfer counseling
- Assistance in course selection
- Designated TRIO classes designed to provide a supportive learning environment
- Mentor program
- Workshops on academic skills, scholarships, self-improvement, and financial literacy
- Math tutor, writing tutor, and learning coach
- STEM H-S Tutors and Learning Coaches
- Transfer trips to four-year institutions
- Cultural enrichment activities, events, and FUN!
To be eligible for TRIO SSS and TRIO STEM-HS
- Students must be enrolled in three or more classes (9 credits or more)
- For TRIO STEM-HS, students must be in a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) or Health Sciences major. Examples include, but are not limited to, Biology, Foundation of Health Transfer or Career, Nursing, Technology, Radiology Tech, Vet Tech
- Demonstrate academic need
- Be likely to earn a degree and transfer to a bachelor's degree program within four years of acceptance to TRIO
- Be a citizen or national of the United States or meet the residency requirements for Federal student financial assistance
*Note: Eligibility does not guarantee acceptance into TRIO SSS or TRIO STEM Health Sciences
How to Apply
Students must fill out a TRIO SSS/TRIO STEM-HS application to determine eligibility for the program. Eligible students will meet with a TRIO Counselor for an interview. Space is limited to 224 students for TRIO SSS and 120 students for TRIO STEM-HS per academic year.
Hours of Operation
TRIO Programs operate Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Our main office is located in Donahue Building, Room 240. The office main phone number is 413.552.2505.