Free Line Cook Training
Earn your Line Cook Certification!
Holyoke Community College is offering a free training program to quickly upgrade your current culinary skills, or help you start a new career. Upon successful completion you will be awarded a Line Cook Certification. Additional certification training and testing will be included in areas such as ServSafe Manager, ServSafe Alcohol, and ServSafe Allergen.
This program is offered to anyone who is:
- Passionate about cooking
- Interested in starting a new career or advancing their current culinary skills
- Fully committed to completing all classes
- Ready to begin working immediately upon completion
- A legal resident of the U.S.
You will gain skills in:
- Improved knife techniques
- Preparing stocks, soups, sauces, desserts, poultry, fish & meat
- Culinary math & measurements
- Moist/dry heat cooking methods
- Workplace soft skills, resume building, searching for rewarding jobs
Classes may be hybrid or in-person at the state-of-the-art HCC MGM Culinary Art Institute at 164 Race Street in Holyoke.
ServSafe books and full chef uniforms (except black shoes) will be provided free of charge. Potential to earn college credits towards an HCC Culinary Arts Certificate.
Next Start Date
Nov. 8 – Dec. 16
8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m., Tuesday – Friday
Print a program flyer