Courses & Programs
Whether you want solid preparation for transfer to a four-year college or university, or skills you can use to enter the workforce immediately, HCC will take you where you want to go. Outstanding faculty, small class size, flexible day, evening, Saturday, and online classes, and comprehensive academic support ensure your success. Not seeking a a degree? Our Business & Community Services division offers a wealth of personal enrichment and professional development classes.
HCC offers two degrees: an Associate in Arts (A.A.) and Associate in Science (A.S.), plus numerous certificate options and a BA option at Elms College.
Associate degrees can be completed in as little as two years full time, or part time at a pace that suits you. Degrees prepare you for a career or transfer to a four-year college or university, and require completion of at least 60 credits, usually specific major-related courses and a flexible choice of electives. And when you're ready to transfer, HCC's joint admissions and transfer agreements make it easy for you to continue your education.
Certificates can be completed in as few as two semesters full time, or part time at a pace you choose. They are designed to provide expertise in a particular field so you can launch a new career, strengthen current skills, or pursue an interest. Certificates often require the completion of nine or more related courses.
Whatever you choose, you'll find a supportive community of teachers and learners at HCC. Want to dive deeply into a subject you're passionate about? HCC offers learning communities, small groups of students who explore a theme through the lens of multiple disciplines. Want to gain hands-on experience in a particular career field? Service Learning allows you to use what you've learned in class to contribute to the community, and Career Services will help you find an internship or discover the career that is just right for you.
explore areas of study
If you enjoy leading a team or imagine yourself at the head of a classroom one day, HCC has several programs that might just offer a perfect fit.
- English as a Second Language
- Business Administration
- Elementary Education
- Elementary Education: General Integrated Studies Option
- Early Childhood Transfer
- Early Education & Care
- Secondary Education
- Sport Management
- Infant/Toddler/Preschool Certificate
- Supervision & Leadership in the Helping Professions Certificate
Do you enjoy taking care of others? Do friends and family turn to you for help? Do you consider yourself an advocate?
- Health (Start with Foundations of Health, then explore nursing, medical assisting, and radiologic technology)
- Veterinary Technician
- Deaf Studies
- English as a Second Language
- Criminal Justice
- Human Services (Explore degree and certificate programs)
- Administrative Professional Studies (Explore degree and certificate programs)
- Child & Family Studies
- Health, Fitness & Nutrition
- Human Resource Management (Explore degree and certificate programs)
- Legal Studies
- Addiction Studies Certificate
- Children's Behavioral Health Certificate
- Community Health Worker
- Developmental Disabilities Direct Support
- Direct Care Worker Certificate
- Health & Fitness Specialist Certificate
- Medical Billing & Coding Certificate
HCC has several programs that will help you turn your interest in spending time outdoors into a full-time career.
Gain the tools, experience, and skills necessary to become an even better storyteller.
From conducting experiments in our state-of-the-art clean room to gathering all the evidence in mock forensic scenarios, HCC's science programs will help you dig deeper and ask bigger questions.
Stay ahead of the technological curve.
Prepare for a new job in culinary arts, or gain the skills to advance in the one you have.