pharmacy technician program summary
- Pharmacy Technician Certification & License
- Length: 21 weeks
- Cost: FREE (if you are receiving SNAP, TAFDC, or other benefits)*
- Hybrid (online & in-person)
- Requirements: 18+ yrs old, Massachusetts resident, High School Diploma/HiSET/GED, fully COVID-19 vaccinated, pass CORI/SORI check
- After finishing the program, students will get resources to help find jobs in the pharmacy technician field
pharmacy technician program description
The course is ~21 weeks of study and preparation for the national Pharmacy Technician Certification Board exam. Prospective students must be at least 18 years old, have earned at least a high school diploma, GED, or HiSET, have completed basic math and reading assessments, have CORI/SORI background checks, and provide proof of COVID vaccination.
Daily schedule includes interactive class sessions that must be attended on time, plus assignments that can be completed on your own schedule. You will learn about medications, federal requirements, script entry and processing, quality assurance, and safety. You will get help with the Massachusetts Pharmacy Technician in Training application, PTCB exam registration and schedule, Massachusetts Pharmacy Technician license application, and employment search.
Pharmacy Technician Program Requirements
- At least 18 years of age
- Massachusetts resident
- Completed high school diploma, HiSET, or GED
- COVID-19 vaccination
- CORI/SORI check
- Drug screening
Interested? Please complete the Jump Start inquiry form here or call the Jump Start office at 413.552.2730.
*Disclaimer: Information is subject to change. Please call the Jump Start office for the most up to date information.