Whether you're a current, returning, transfer or non-degree seeking student, our advisors are dedicated to helping you achieve your educational goals. Advising is currently available by appointment.
To make an appointment, contact us during normal business hours at 413.552.2722. If you call after hours, please leave your name and contact information, and we'll get back to you within 24 hours. We look forward to connecting with you soon!
|Call||413.552.2722 to make a Zoom appointment (we'll email you a link!)|
email@example.com for general advising questions
Academic advising at Holyoke Community College is a process that seeks to assist students in the achievement of their educational, professional, and personal goals.
Advisors accomplish this by providing accurate information or referral about programs of study, the registration process, institutional policies, college support services, career opportunities, and the transfer process. Holyoke Community College's advising process is a reflection of our commitment to student success and retention.
This process aims to accomplish the following goals:
- Seek to develop a shared objective by discovering the goals the student has for attending HCC.
- Facilitate the student's general decision-making processes with regard to career and educational goals.
- Encourage the student to critically explore the short and long-term effects of each decision during the advising process.
- Provide accurate information about HCC's programs of study/options.
- For the student who has declared a major/option, the advisor should review/navigate the selected program option/sheet.
- For the student who is undecided about future educational goals, the advisor should refer him/her to the ACT Center for a career assessment before scheduling classes.
- Educate the student about the individual courses offered by highlighting course descriptions and prerequisites.
- Use self-service with the student to register by selecting the appropriate and available courses while considering the student's time and interest.
- Refer the student to the various college support services and student activities offered at HCC.
- Assist the student to transition from HCC by exploring options and requirements of his/her educational or career goals.