Free Community College for Adults 25+
What is MassReconnect?
MassReconnect is a program is to fund free community college for adults 25 and older who do not already have a college degree. The program begins with the Fall 2023 semester.
Who is eligible?
Massachusetts residents 25 years of age or older can take advantage of this opportunity to earn an associate degree or certificate for free at any of the Commonwealth's 15 public community colleges.
Eligible individuals must:
- Be 25 or older on the first day of classes for the fall semester
- Have been a permanent legal resident of the Commonwealth for at least one year at start of the enrolled term
- Have not previously received an associate or bachelor's degree or the equivalent
- Enroll in at least six credits per semester in an approved program of study leading to an associate degree or certificate
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress according to the college's requirements
- Complete the 23-24 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
How to Enroll
- Complete and file the 23-24 FAFSA
- Meet with an advisor if you have been a student at HCC in the last year
- Apply to HCC if you are a new student or have been away from HCC for more than a year
Have questions? Chat with us live!
Recipients who are later determined to be ineligible for MassReconnect may be billed for disbursed funds.