High School/Dual Enrollment
HCC's dual enrollment program is open to qualified juniors and seniors from participating high schools and home school programs. Some of the many benefits available to dual enrollment students include:
- Challenging coursework
- A diverse classroom experience
- An affordable start to a university-caliber education
- Free access to college clubs and activities, academic support, and all other HCC student services
Dual enrollment aims to ease the transition from high school to college. Qualified students get a head start on their college careers as well as meaningful and challenging academic experiences. Apply today to sign up for your free dual enrollment course! Funding is available through the Commonwealth Dual Enrollment Partnership (CDEP) and Holyoke Community College.
APPLICATION/COURSE REGISTRATION DEADLINES
Application Deadline: June 1
Course Registration Deadline: June 30
Application Deadline: Dec. 1
Course Registration Deadline: Dec. 15
Summer Session: Rolling Admission (no funding available)
All dual enrollment applicants who register for class by the fall and spring course registration deadline will be reviewed for a free college course.
Steps to Enroll
- Apply for Admission to HCC! Create an account, and then follow these specific instructions to complete and submit your application. Supplemental items will be sent to you via email, or you can access them here: Dual Enrollment Rights & Responsibilities Form and Dual Enrollment Counselor/Home School Form. A high school or home school transcript is required. Dual enrollment application deadlines are as follows: for fall semester, June 1; for spring semester, Dec. 1.
- Take the Placement Test. Instructions to schedule your placement test will be e-mailed to you once your application is complete. Note: You must have a photo ID to take the placement test.
- Register for Classes. After you have completed the placement test, meet with Dual Enrollment Advisor Theresa Eccles to develop your educational plan and schedule your classes. The course registration deadline to qualify for a free class through Dual Enrollment funding is June 30 for the fall semester and Dec. 15 for the spring semester.
- Log in to HCC Email, Moodle & Online Services. HCC email is used for all school communication. Be sure to check it regularly! Online Services gives you access to e-billing and payment plans, health insurance waiver, your class schedule, grades, and student records.
- Pay Tuition & Fees by the deadline printed on your schedule or found here. You can pay online by logging into Online Services. All HCC bills are electronic. You will not receive a bill in the mail.
- Order your textbooks. Order early to ensure delivery prior to the start of the semester!
- Attend Dual Enrollment Orientation. Orientation for dual enrollment students is mandatory and provides you with information about the college that will help you make a successful transition from high school to college. More information about dual enrollment orientation will be included in your dual enrollment acceptance packet.