New, Readmit & Transfer
Steps to Enroll
- Apply for Admission to HCC! Create an account, and then complete and submit your application. A decision letter or acceptance packet will be sent to you in the mail. Follow the steps sent to the email address you provided.
- Apply for Financial Aid. Create an FSA ID. Next, submit your financial aid application. HCC’s school code is 002170. If you have already completed a FAFSA, please check on your application by logging in to Online Services.
- Take the Placement Test. To schedule your test, contact the Assessment Center at 413.552.2015 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is also where you get your Student ID.
- Register for classes. Meet with an advisor to develop your educational plan and schedule your classes. A career counselor can help you choose a major or provide career exploration. Walk into the Advising, Career & Transfer Center or call 413.552.2722 to schedule your appointment.
- Log in to Email & Online Services. HCC email is used for all school communication. Online Services gives you access to e-billing and payment plans, financial aid status, financial aid consent to electronic communication, insurance waiver, registration, advising, DegreeWorks, grades, and student records. Be sure to check it regularly!
- Pay Tuition & Fees by the deadline printed on your schedule or found here. You can pay online by logging in to Online Services. All HCC bills are electronic. You will not receive a bill in the mail.
- Order your textbooks. Order early to ensure delivery prior to the start of the semester!
- Attend New Student Orientation. New Student Orientation (NSO) provides you with information about the college that will help you make a successful transition. NSO is mandatory for all new students.
HCC aligns its Transfer Credit Policy with the Massachusetts Community College Transfer Principles.
How do I transfer my credits to HCC?
- Apply and be admitted into a degree/certificate program
- Submit your official college/university transcripts or official AP, CLEP or DSST scores (Admissions Office, Holyoke Community College, 303 Homestead Ave., Holyoke, MA 01040)
- Once received, HCC will automatically review your transcript for transfer credit applicable to your program of study
- HCC accepts grades of C- or higher in transfer for most programs
- Transfer credits awarded will be limited to the declared program of study.
- 50% of the program requirements must be completed at HCC.
For complete details on HCC’s Transfer Credit Policy, please click here.