Massachusetts law (Chapter 76, Section 15C) requires that all students carrying 12 or more credits must submit proof, within 30 days of registering for courses, of immunization against the following:
- Measles, mumps, and rubella (need two MMR shots)
- Pertussis-containing tetanus shot called Tdap (administered after 2008)
- Hepatitis B (need 3 shots)
- Chickenpox (need 2 shots)
Documentation of positive antibody titers for measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis B, and varicella is acceptable. Immunization records can be obtained from the student's pediatric and adult physician's office and must be submitted to HCC's Student Records office for review.Students with incomplete or outdated immunizations are required to receive updated vaccinations.
Students in the following health science majors must supply complete immunization records upon application to the programs:
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Early Childhood Education (prior to practicum)
- Medical Assisting
- Nursing (ASN and PN)
- Radiologic Technology
- Veterinary & Animal Science
Note: Upon acceptance to the program, students in the Veterinary & Animal Science Program must have proof of vaccination against rabies, in addition to all of the immunization record requirements listed above.
Students who want to transfer immunization records from HCC to another college may request it in writing from HCC's Student Records office in FR 221.