Massachusetts law (Chapter 76, Section 15C) requires that any full-time undergraduate students under 30 years of age; all full-time and part-time health science students who is in contact with patients; and students attending any postsecondary institution while on a student or other visa must submit proof, within 30 days of registering for courses, of immunization against the following:
- Measles, mumps, and rubella (need two MMR shots)
- Pertussis-containing tetanus shot called Tdap (within 10 years)
- Hepatitis B (need 3 shots)
- Varicella (Chickenpox; need 2 shots or documentation by a MD of date of history of disease)
- Meningitis (MenACWY) vaccine (Individuals 21 years of age and younger must provide documentation of having received a dose of quadrivalent meningococcal conjugate vaccine on or after their 16th birthday) or complete the MDPH Meningococcal Information Waiver
Documentation of positive antibody titers for measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis B, and varicella is acceptable. Immunization records can be obtained from the student's healthcare provider or an elementary or secondary school in the commonwealth of Massachusetts. Students with incomplete or outdated immunizations are required to receive updated vaccinations. Please mail to HCC Student Records & Registrar's Office, Frost 221, Holyoke, MA 01040; Fax: 413.552.2555; or email.
health sciences students
Students in the following health science programs must supply complete immunization records through Complio upon application to the program.
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Community Health Worker
- Foundations of Health
- Medical Assisting
- Nursing (ASN and PN)
- Radiologic Technology
- Veterinary & Animal Science
Note: Upon acceptance to the program, students in the Veterinary & Animal Science Program must have proof of vaccination against rabies, in addition to all of the immunization record requirements listed above.
Students who want to transfer immunization records from HCC to another college may request by submitting an online HCC College Request to Transfer Immunization Records form.