Massachusetts law (Chapter 76, Section 15C) requires that all full-time undergraduate students under 30 years of age and all full and part-time health science students must submit proof, within 30 days of registering for courses, of immunization against the following:
- Measles, mumps, and rubella (need two MMR shots)
- Pertussis-containing tetanus shot called Tdap (within 10 years)
- Hepatitis B (need 3 shots)
- Varicella (Chickenpox; need 2 shots or documentation by a MD of date of history of disease)
- Meningitis (MenACWY) vaccine (Individuals 21 years of age and younger must provide documentation of having received a dose of quadrivalent meningococcal conjugate vaccine on or after their 16th birthday) or complete the MDPH Meningococcal Information Waiver
- Influenza (need 1 shot annually for current flu season by Dec. 31)
Documentation of positive antibody titers for measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis B, and varicella is acceptable. Immunization records can be obtained from the student's healthcare provider or an elementary or secondary school in the commonwealth of Massachusetts. Students with incomplete or outdated immunizations are required to receive updated vaccinations. Please mail to HCC Immunization Records, Bartley Center 100, Holyoke, MA 01040; phone: 413.552.2387; fax 413.552.2135; or email.
health sciences students
Students in the following health science programs must supply complete immunization records through Complio upon application to the program.
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Community Health Worker
- Medical Assisting
- Nursing (ASN and PN)
- Radiologic Technology
- Veterinary & Animal Science
Note: In addition to the immunization record requirements listed above, rabies vaccination, while not required, is strongly recommended for students in the Veterinary Technician and Veterinary Assistant programs, and all records should be provided through Complio if they are available.
Students who want to transfer immunization records from HCC to another college may request by submitting an online HCC College Request to Transfer Immunization Records form.