Institutional Effectiveness & Strategic Analytics
The mission of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Strategic Analytics is to empower the college community at all levels to utilize data, analytics, information, and evidence to make data-informed decisions and take actions that benefit students and support institutional planning, assessment, and institutional effectiveness.
Our vision is to maintain a key role at the college through accurate, timely and high-quality analysis to support planning, assessment, and a culture of data-informed decision making. We seek to be recognized as a source of reliable "institutional intelligence" and to be the leader in promoting a culture that leverages data and analytics, critical for decision-making and continuous institutional improvement that shapes HCC's future.
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Strategic Analytics (OIESA) assumes primary responsibility for collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data of the institution to support strategic decision making, assessment, and planning functions of the college.
What We Do
- Provide data and other support for the college's planning process
- Collect data about the college's performance metrics
- Identify and develop outcomes to measure institutional continuous improvement
- Support faculty, academic deans, and staff in conducting research and assessment
- Provide data collection, organization, and presentation in support of institutional outcomes assessment and academic program review
- Collect and maintain required institutional data for regional and professional accreditation and assist in the preparation of accreditation documents and reports
- Support the research and evaluation efforts of other administrative offices and departments on campus
- Submit all institutional reports and data for federal and state agencies by the required due dates