MassReconnect: Free Community College for Adults 25+
What is MassReconnect?
MassReconnect is a proposal to fund free community college for adults 25 and older who do not already have a college degree. The proposal is currently before the Massachusetts legislature, and, if approved, will begin in the Fall of 2023.
Who is eligible?
Students will be eligible for MassReconnect, if it's approved, if they:
- Are 25 or older on the first day of classes
- Are enrolled in and pursuing a program of higher education at a public community college
- Have not previously earned a college degree
- Are enrolled in at least 6 credits per semester
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Are a Massachusetts resident
Further information, including full program guidelines, will be forthcoming.
What would be covered under MassReconnect?
Tuition and fees would be covered if MassReconnect is approved and students would receive a stipend to pay for books and supplies.
When will we know if MassReconnect will begin in Fall 2023?
We will know if MassReconnect is happening when the Massachusetts state budget is finalized in Jully 2023.
If I am interested in MassReconnect, what are my next steps?
- Apply to HCC
- Complete the 2023-2024 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Have questions in the meantime? Chat with us live!