The HCC College Store is located in DON 154 while the Campus Center is being renovated. Our phone number is 413.552.2521. The store offers tech accessories, software, and hardware such as laptops, HCC branded apparel, convenience products (including healthy snacks and gluten-free choices), backpacks, art supplies, calculators, flash drives, and many other supplies. Store staff are also available to assist students with online textbook purchasing through our partner MBSDirect.
college store HOURS
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The College Store is closed during college holidays. Please see academic calendar for details.
Intersession and Spring textbook ordering will open December 6 for ordering with book advances, credit cards & PayPal through MBSDirect. The book advance charging period will be open December 6 - February 9. Students can also shop in other stores for books on the MBSDirect site and can use a Book Advance for that purchase. If you choose to purchase from another vendor, please check their return policy before purchasing. Bookse purchased elsewhere are not returnable to MBSDirect or the HCC College Store.
MBSDirect return policy
MBSDirect offers a refund for customers returning materials within 14 days of the class start date or within 21 days of the date the materials are shipped, whichever is later. Shipping costs are not refundable and the materials returned must be in the same condition in which they were originally received. Additionally, any shrink wrap or bundling that is present must not be opened or removed to allow for a full refund.
The MBSDirect customer service number is 800.325.3252, 24 hours a day.
For all orders placed within the continental United States, HCC students will receive a flat shipping rate of $7.95 per order for UPS delivery only (a P.O. Box cannot be used). Any order placed before noon will typically arrive in four business days. Whenever possible, it is recommended to order all books at once to take advantage of the flat shipping rate. Orders can be shipped to a students' home, or to HCC at:
Holyoke Community College
303 Homestead Avenue
Holyoke, MA 01040
Please visit Office Services in FR 225 regarding the estimated delivery date for pick-up.
Students may still use their book advance in the College Store to purchase supplies that are necessary for academic use. You can use an approved book advance in the online MBSDirect store as well. You will need your course ID with section number, your HCC ID, and a book advance ID to place an online order for textbooks. You will receive the book advance ID in your HCC email account from MBSDirect. If you have difficulty locating the book advance ID, please come into the College Store in Donahue 154 for assistance.
Books can be sold back anytime on the MBSDirect website by clicking on "menu", then clicking on "Sell Your Textbooks." You will receive a free shipping label if you choose to sell your books. The next on-campus book sellback will be held during final exam week in May. Please bring your HCC ID card.
The HCC Bookstore is now the HCC College Store. During the renovation of the Campus Center, we will be temporarily located in DON 154. Stop by and see us! We offer:
- Holyoke Community College imprinted gifts and apparel
- Supplies such as notebooks, pens/pencils, highlighters, binders, and paper
- Discounted software
- Computer supplies
- Gift certificates
- Graduation items-caps & gowns, diploma frames
- Cold drinks
- Postage stamps
If your financial aid package includes a book advance, please read the following information carefully.
- Click here.
- Click on the blue rectangle at the top of the page that says "Redeem it here."
- You will need your nine-digit student ID number and your book advance ID number (Financial Aid emailed this to your HCC email account).
- If you do not have your book advance ID number, look to the left of the log-in area and select "click here," OR click on "Need this email again," which is above the box labeled "Book Advance ID*."
- The book advance ID number (financial aid, MCB, or MRC) will be re-emailed to you (access your email and fill in the appropriate book advance ID number; be sure to keep your email open OR write it down as you will need it again).
- Return to the MBS Direct bookstore website and enter the book advance ID number in the appropriate box. Once you have entered both your student ID number and your book advance ID number, click on "Access Your Funds."
- You are now ready to order your books! If you have questions or need help ordering, please visit the HCC College Store in DON 154.