- Book advances will close Feb. 15
- MBS Direct now offers price-matching! See "Ordering Books" below.
The HCC College Store is located in DON 154. Our phone number is 413.552.2521. The store offers tech accessories, software, and hardware such as laptops; HCC-branded apparel; convenience products (including healthy snacks and gluten-free choices); backpacks; art supplies; calculators; flash drives; gifts; and a wide variety of other supplies. Staff are also available in the store to assist students with online textbook purchasing through our partner MBSDirect.
college store HOURS
The College Store is closed during college holidays. Please see academic calendar for details.
Spring 2019 textbook ordering began Dec. 10 for use of book advances, credit cards, and PayPal through the MBSDirect site. The book advance charging period runs from Dec. 10 to Feb. 15.
MBSDirect offers a price match guarantee and will pay you the difference if you find a better price elsewhere (Amazon or Barnes & Noble) for a textbook that you've purchased through MBS. Call 866.551.9480 to submit your price match request.
Students can also shop in other stores using the MBSDirect Marketplace, and may use a book advance for that purchase. If you choose to purchase from another vendor, please check their return policy before purchasing. Please be advised that books purchased through the MBSDirect Marketplace incur a separate shipping charge. Books purchased elsewhere are not returnable to MBSDirect or the HCC College Store.
Many titles can be rented from MBS. You can use your book advance to cover the rental fee; however, a credit card is required to secure the book. The credit card will not be charged unless the book is not returned at the end of the semester, or the book is damaged. A free shipping label will be sent to your email at the end of the semester to send the book back to MBS.
For all orders placed within the continental United States, HCC students will receive a flat shipping rate of $7.95 per order for UPS delivery only (a P.O. box cannot be used). Please be advised that books purchased through the MBSDirect Marketplace incur a separate shipping charge.
Any order placed before noon will typically arrive in four business days. Whenever possible, it is recommended to order all books at once to take advantage of the flat shipping rate. Orders can be shipped to a students' home, or to HCC at:
Holyoke Community College
303 Homestead Avenue
Holyoke, MA 01040
Please visit Office Services in FR 225 regarding the estimated delivery date for pick-up.
MBSDirect offers a refund for customers returning materials within 14 days of the class start date or within 21 days of the date the materials are shipped, whichever is later. Shipping costs are not refundable and the materials returned must be in the same condition in which they were originally received. Additionally, any shrink wrap or bundling that is present must not be opened or removed to allow for a full refund. The MBSDirect customer service number is 800.325.3252 (24 hours a day).
Students may use their book advance in the College Store to purchase supplies that are necessary for academic use. You can use an approved book advance in the online MBSDirect store as well. You will need your course ID with section number, your HCC ID, and a book advance ID to place an online order for textbooks. You will receive the book advance ID in your HCC email account from MBSDirect. If you have difficulty locating the book advance ID, please come into the College Store in DON 154 for assistance.
Books can be sold back anytime on the MBSDirect website by clicking on "menu," then clicking on "Sell Your Textbooks." You will receive a free shipping label if you choose to sell your books. Please bring your HCC ID card.
If you received a guaranteed buyback quote from MBSDirect in your HCC email, please print it out and bring it with you.
The HCC College Store offers:
- Holyoke Community College branded gifts and apparel
- Supplies such as notebooks, pens/pencils, highlighters, binders, and paper
- Art supplies
- Medical supplies
- Laptops and tablets
- Discounted software
- Technology supplies
- Gift certificates
- Graduation items like caps and gowns, and diploma frames
- Cold drinks and snacks
- Postage stamps
- Greeting cards and gifts
- And more!
If your financial aid package includes a book advance, please read the following information carefully.
- Click here.
- Click on "Student Account" in the upper right-hand corner of the menu.
- You will need your nine-digit student ID number and your book advance ID number (Financial Aid emailed this to your HCC email account).
- If you do not have your book advance ID number, look to the left of the log-in area and select "click here," OR click on "Need this email again," which is above the box labeled "Book Advance ID*."
- The book advance ID number (financial aid, MCB, or MRC) will be re-emailed to you (access your email and fill in the appropriate book advance ID number; be sure to keep your email open OR write it down as you will need it again).
- Return to the MBS Direct bookstore website and enter the book advance ID number in the appropriate box. Once you have entered both your student ID number and your book advance ID number, click on "Access Your Funds."
- You are now ready to order your books! If you have questions or need help ordering, please visit the HCC College Store in DON 154.