Student Life

Walk-in Hours

Monday – Friday
10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Immunizations and other hours available by appointment.


Health Services
Frost 105

immunization form

Please complete and submit the immunization form within 30 days of registering.


Health Services & Education/Coaching

health services

Staffed by a registered nurse, HCC's Student Health Services Office provides first aid treatment, medical referrals, and information on how to develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Students can also obtain information about the Student Injury & Sickness Insurance Plan and Massachusetts immunization law. Concerns necessitating hospitalization, surgery, or psychiatric treatment are referred to appropriate agencies and nearby hospitals.

health education/coaching

Education, coaching, and hypnosis are provided in confidential one-to-one appointments or group settings.

Sessions are confidential, client-focused, and are available at no charge (some exceptions may apply).Addressing lifestyle behaviors and improving wellness through support and accountability help clients reach desired goals.Popular topics of interest include:

  • Nicotine cessation
  • Weight management
  • Stress management
  • Better sleep
  • Time management
  • Life satisfaction

Bridget Thompson
Health Educator
Frost 101

Immunization Requirements

Massachusetts law (Chapter 76, Section 15C) requires that all students carrying 12 or more credits must submit proof, within 30 days of registering for courses, of immunization against the following:

  • Measles, mumps, and rubella (need two MMR shots)
  • Pertussis-containing tetanus shot called Tdap (administered after 2008)
  • Hepatitis B (need 3 shots)
  • Chickenpox (need 2 shots)

Documentation of positive antibody titers for measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis B, and varicella is acceptable. Immunization records can be obtained from the student's pediatric and adult physician's office and must be submitted to HCC's Student Records office for review.

Students with incomplete or outdated immunizations are required to receive updated vaccinations.

Students in the following health science majors must supply complete immunization records upon application to the programs:

  • Certified Nursing Assistant
  • Early Childhood Education (prior to practicum)
  • Medical Assisting
  • Nursing (ASN and PN)
  • Radiologic Technology
  • Veterinary & Animal Science

Note: Upon acceptance to the program, students in the Veterinary & Animal Science Program must have proof of vaccination against rabies, in addition to all of the immunization record requirements listed above.

Students who want to transfer immunization records from HCC to another college may request it in writing from HCC's Student Records office in FR 221.

Walk-in Hours

Monday – Friday
10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Immunizations and other hours available by appointment.