How to register to vote (online, by mail, in-person), update your address, and change your party affiliation.
Coverage of the 2020 presidential election, the candidates and issues. The New York Times is available free to HCC students, faculty, & staff.
Coverage of the candidates during the 2020 presidential campaign, the primaries, the conventions, the debates, the election and aftermath.
There are many election topics and issues; below are a few highlights.
Historical rights of different groups of people
- Should the voting age be lowered from 21 to 18 years old?
- Should women be given the right to vote or is involvement in politics best left to men?
- Voting Rights Act of 1965
Data: election results, statistics, maps
- Past Presidential Elections (1789 - 2016) background and results.
- Visually explore election (and other) data: one map from 2018 congressional results or select a map to explore
- Electoral College Results (1944 - 2020) from the National Archives
MyBib is a free online citation bibliography creation tool. It can create citations and bibliographies in many styles including MLA and APA. MyBib allows you to paste in a website URL or even search for a book, article, or other source by title, and will pull most of the information you need to create a citation (though you may need to double check that the information is correct and complete).
Once you've created your citations, MyBib allows you to copy paste your citations, download them as a Word document, save them to your Google Drive, print them, or email them to yourself.
Zotero is, at the most basic level, a reference manager. It is designed to store, manage, and cite bibliographic references, such as books and articles. In Zotero, each of these references constitutes an item. More broadly, Zotero is a powerful tool for collecting and organizing research information and sources.