Student Emergency Fund
HCC is committed to helping you overcome barriers to your success.
The President’s Student Emergency Fund assists HCC students experiencing unexpected financial need. Students may apply for funds only when they have exhausted all other possible resources.
Emergency funding is not intended to provide ongoing relief for recurring/routine expenses or as a consistent supplement for educational expenses. Funds will only be applied to the current semester in which the student is requesting support.
Examples of emergencies
- Illness & related medical expenses
- Death of a family member
am I eligible?
- I am in danger of not completing my education due to financial hardship
- I can provide documentation of the hardship I am facing
- My GPA is at least 2.0 and I have completed at least 6 credits
- I am currently enrolled at HCC
- I am in good academic and/or disciplinary standing
In light of the challenges our community is facing during the coronavirus pandemic, we are being flexible with our review of applications to the Emergency Fund. If you are experiencing emergency hardship at this time, we encourage you to apply.
For more information about the President’s Student Emergency Fund, please click here.